The Good News
The Good News is the Unitarian Universalist Christian Fellowship's newsletter, that is published six times a year. It includes sermons, essays, UUCF news, biblical commentary, prayers, liturgies, reviews of books and films, and more. Included in your UUCF membership is a subscription to the Good News.
Did you know you can now receive our "Good News" periodical sooner by letting us
know you want to receive it by email?
In addition to being more Eco-friendly since
you can print only the pages you choose (or none at all!) this also saves the UUCF
money which we can use in other ways to further our mission and improve. As a bonus
to you, you will receive the Good News
as much as 2 weeks before the print
copy would arrive in your mailbox.
To receive an electronic version of the Good News send us an email (UUCFOffice@aol.com) request.
Please check your mailing label on this
issue of the Good News. It will contain the month and year when your membership and subscription is or was due.
For example, 2008-10 means you need to renew in October of 2008. You can quickly and easily renew your
membership online by going to www.uuchristian.org and going to the Members section and then to the link for Join
Renew Pledge. If you have any difficulties contact us at UUCFOffice@aol.com or through the contact us link on the
website. Doing this will save us the expense of sending out the every two month renewal letters and return postage.
Please make sure we have your up to date address. You can email those to us also at UUCFOffice@aol.com.Back issues of the Good News are below. (These file are Adobe Acrobat .pdf documents and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and review them). Don't forget - request your copy electronicially.
If you would like to submit an article for the Good News or a Virtual Monastery lectionary, please review and follow our Submission Guidelines.
Previous Years Good News
- March 2013 - Regular Edition. Here is the Adobe .pdf (233 KB)
- March 2013 - Special Easter Edition. Here is the Adobe .pdf (950 KB)
- January 2013 - New Years Epiphany 2013 edition. Here is
the Adobe .pdf (214 KB)
- December 2012 - A special Christmas 2012 edition packed with featured works from many. Here is
the Adobe .pdf (1.1 MB)
- October 2012 - Communion and Community, Revival 2013, Membership to Mission. Here is the Adobe .pdf (265 KB) version.
- July 2012 - General Assembly, Pentecost and much more. Here is the Adobe .pdf (325 KB) version.
- June 2012 - Summer issue. Here is the Adobe .pdf (257 KB) version.
- April 2012 - Easter issue. Here is the Adobe.pdf (168 KB) version.
- March 2012 - Eastertide special edition. Here is the Adobe .pdf (4 MB) version.
Table of Contents
- Christianity as a Resurrection Religion, by UUCF President Dean Drake
- While It Was Still Dark, commentary based on John 20, a faithful response then and now, by UUCF Executive Director Rev. Ron Robinson
- Editor’s Column by Rev. Tony Lorenzen
- Easter Poems, by The Rev. Dr. David Breeden, Minnesota Valley UU Fellowship, Bloomington, MN; and by Pastor Kelly Cummins Pickens, First Church of Christ, Unitarian, Lancaster, MA
- Prayers for Holy Week, by the Rev. Naomi King, City of Refuge Ministries, Plantation, FL
- Sermon: The Face of Grace, Pastor David Owen O’Quill, Laguna Hills, CA
- Sermon: Resurrection, Jesus, and Buffy The Vampire Slayer, by Rev. Dawn Cooley, First Unitarian Church, Louisville, KY
- Essay: Honoring Passover Among UU Christians and UU Jews, by the Rev. Marti Keller, UU Congregation of Atlanta
- Essay: Wrestling With Resurrection, Kimberley Debus
- Essay: A Cross-Shaped Faith, by the Rev. Xolani Kacela, Ph.D., Dallas
- Book Review: An Endless Enigma: A Review by The Rev. Erik Wikstrom of the Rev. David Breeden’s News From the Kingdom of God
- Book Review: by Joanna Fontaine Crawford of Tony Jones’ The Church Is Flat: The Relational Ecclesiology of the Emerging Church Movement
- December 2010 - Advent Resources and Holiday Wishes Issue. Here is the Adobe.pdf or the GoodNews Newsletter - html version.
- December 2010 - Mary's Yes. Here is the Adobe.pdf.
- September 2010 - Revival and more. Here is the html version.
- Summer 2010 - First all electronic version. Adobe.pdf version or a html version.
- March/April 2010 - Easter Issue: Who Will Roll Away The Stone by The Rev. Marguerite Sheehan of Bernardston, MA, Adobe.pdf version.
- January/February 2010 - Why I Am A Unitarian Universalist Christrian by Kristin Leigh Grassell, UUCF Board Member and Intern Minister, Adobe.pdf version.